5 October 2017
The Coaching House: Yorkshire Street Paving
The design brief for this project was to enhance the existing walled gardens and optimise the aesthetics of the property and its setting. A clear division was required between driveway and garden areas, enhancing the link between outdoor and indoor space, thus creating multiple spaces for seating, relaxing and entertaining throughout the garden.
Why Westminster Stone?
A number of Westminster Stone products were used in this scheme to create a co-ordinated finish to the garden. The soft tones and traditional worn finish of Yorkshire Street Flag reflected the traditional nature of the property, whilst the matching copings and pier caps set onto the new brick walls reflected the overall ambience of the established surroundings.
• Creation of a Drive Courtyard to the house frontage with a tall brick wall dividing the courtyard from rear gardens
• Large terrace and adjoining cedar deck to the rear of the property with spiral staircase linking area to master bedroom and upper balcony
• Formal garden with edged lawn, bench seating against the wall, small herb garden and octagonal Arbour
• Link across the existing stream with wide deck structure to enhance access to the upper garden
• Creation of Fire Pit and built-in seating with views back over gardens toward property
Yorkshire Street Paving
Magnificent Stonecast Yorkshire Street flags with the warmth of subtle green/grey hues, that add an incomparable charm and maturity to any environment.