28 October 2017
Cheshire Cottage Case Study
• To enhance the gardens surrounding the renovated cottage including access into the property, the creation of formal lawn and informal gardens, the provision of kitchen garden area and the enhancement of links with stables and paddock.
• Screen garden from adjacent road
• To create division between front and rear garden areas
• Enhance the link between indoor & outdoor areas including creation of large dining terrace adjacent to orangery
• Creation of Drive Courtyard to the house frontage with new brick entrance from road.
• Installation of tall brick wall dividing drive courtyard from Kitchen and Formal Gardens.
• Large paved terrace adjacent to new orangery with links up to formal lawn and views out into paddock.
• Garden Slabs pathways around property and paved link to stable
• Sheltered Kitchen garden with espalier fruit trees, raised beds and herb garden
Reasons For Using Westminster Stone
Westminster Stone products were ideal for use within this scheme. A harmonious suite of products were required to enhance the traditional nature of the property and the countryside setting, whilst fulfilling a number of functional requirements. The green and beige tones and the authentic worn finish of Old Yorkshire Street Flag and associated products were perfect for this classic rural garden.
• Paths & Paved Terraces: Yorkshire Street Flagstones / Jacobean Brick Pavers
• Steps: Bullnose Step in Yorkshire Street
• Walls: Traditional Coping Stone and Pier Caps in Yorkshire Street
• Drainage: Old Grosvenor Drainage Gulley
• Drive Access & Edging: Old Castle Cobble Setts