The design brief for this project was to enhance the existing walled gardens and optimise the aesthetics of the property and it’s setting. Clear division was required between driveway and garden areas, enhancing the link between outdoor and indoor space, thus creating multiple spaces for seating, relaxing and entertaining throughout the garden.
Why Westminster Stone?
A number of Westminster Stone products were used in this scheme to create a co-ordinated finish to the garden. The soft tones and traditional worn finish of Old Yorkshire Street Flag reflected the traditional nature of the property, whilst the matching copings and pier caps set onto the new brick walls reflected the overall ambiance of the established surroundings.
• Paths & Paved Terraces: Old Yorkshire Street Flag
• Walls: Traditional Coping Stone and Pier Caps in Old Yorkshire Street
• Creation of a Drive Courtyard to the house frontage with tall brick wall dividing courtyard from rear gardens
• Large terrace and adjoining cedar deck to rear of property with spiral staircase linking area to master bedroom and upper balcony
• Formal garden with edged lawn, bench seating against wall, small herb garden and octagonal Arbour
• Link across existing stream with wide deck structure to enhance access to upper garden
• Creation of Fire Pit and built in seating with views back over gardens towards property